You are responsible for all the content you post.
The website (https://www.albertaoilmagazine.com) and its subsites and social media channels (including but not limited to Facebook pages and LinkedIn groups) provide the ability for readers to comment on articles and blog posts. Alberta Oil does not control the information/materials posted in comments by users but it reserves the right (which it may exercise at its sole discretion without notice) to delete, move or edit comments and to terminate your ability to comment further.
Specifically, you may not:
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any comment containing material that is obscene, racist, homophobic or sexist or that contains any form of hate speech
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any comments that infringe copyright
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any comments that are illegal, libellous, defamatory or may prejudice ongoing legal proceedings
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any comments that are abusive, threatening or make any form of personal attack on another user or an employee of Alberta Oil;
- Post the same comment or similar comment repeatedly
- Post, link to or otherwise publish any comments containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any chain messages or “spam”
- Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent any affiliation with any person or entity
We have no control over the individuals posting comments. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of any comment.
By submitting comment, you are granting Alberta Oil a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available and distribute the comment in whole or in part, and in any form. This may include personal information such as your user or pen name and your expressions of opinion. Alberta Oil reserves the right to contact you by e-mail about your comments.
We do occasionally publish the comments from our website in the magazine.
If you believe that any content infringes your legal rights, you should notify Alberta Oil by emailing the web editor. Repeated misuse of this privilege will mean your ability to post comments will be terminated.
We believe that sincere, accurate and insightful comments help not only our readers but our magazine as well. We want comments posted on our sites to enlighten, inform and entertain you. These policies are in place in order to make this a reality.
Updated: July 4, 2012