Shale gas, energy efficiency and risky mining
A round-up of news and notes from around the web
On our radar this week:
*U.S. Secretary of Energy Steven Chu talks energy efficiency.
*Foreign Policy writer Steven LeVine assesses the confluence of geopolitics and energy. Is Iraq’s plan to double, triple or maybe quintuple its oil output a game-changer?
*The Mackenzie Valley Project’s Joint Review Panel rears its head once more.
More posts by Jeff Lewis
- Director shines spotlight on 'fracking'
- Oil addiction 101, care of The Economist
- Cap-and-trade takes shape, sort of
- Russia quietly enters Alberta's cardium oil play
- Global LNG players jockey for space on a crowded field