Shale gas, energy efficiency and risky mining
A round-up of news and notes from around the web
On our radar this week:
*U.S. Secretary of Energy Steven Chu talks energy efficiency.
*Foreign Policy writer Steven LeVine assesses the confluence of geopolitics and energy. Is Iraq’s plan to double, triple or maybe quintuple its oil output a game-changer?
*The Mackenzie Valley Project’s Joint Review Panel rears its head once more.
More posts by Jeff Lewis
- Two Calgary companies go elephant hunting in Kurdistan
- Alberta’s Duvernay is a hot play once again
- Shrinking access to markets shapes new fiscal reality for Alberta
- At Encana Corp., CFO Sherri Brillon plays the spoiler
- This blog goes dark from today until Jan. 2